Posted Friday September 13, 2019 by Melissa Reilly



On 7th and 8th September, Castlebank Horticultural Centre participated in South Lanark’s Doors Open Days weekend. We had around 100 people visit the centre & growing compound, take part in workshops and enjoy kids nature activity sheets. The sun also made an appearance both days!

On Tuesday evening, Lanark Community Development Trust hosted an EGM for the wider membership to approve proposed changes to the Development Trust’s Memorandum and Articles. The proposed changes were unanimously approved, and the membership in attendance were also given an update as to the Development Trust’s busy calendar of events and activities since the AGM in March. You can become a member of the Development Trust to support our work in Lanark for just £5 for 5 years. Click here to find out more and join.

Mid-week it was a hive of activity at Castlebank Horticultural Centre as we had a third polytunnel being built. Volunteers took this as a chance to have a good clear out! We are currently seeking the following volunteer roles to help us out at Castlebank Park. Please get in touch if you are interested in any!

On Thursday the ‘Lanark Festivals‘ group met to discuss this year’s Winterfest. The programme of events is almost complete, with over 40 festive events due to take place in Lanark over November and December!

We had a beautiful morning on Friday for our learning visit with the team from the Sacro Growing Project. It was a pleasure to show the team around the park, and discuss our work over recent years in creating the Horticultural Centre and regenerating the park.

It’s now just about a month to go until our final weekend volunteer session which will take place on Saturday 12th October from 10.30am  – 12.30pm Everyone is welcome, no gardening experience necessary! Later on that day we’ll be hosting a ‘Gardening for Beginners’ workshop from 1.30pm – 3pm. Booking is open now by emailing info@lanarktrust.co.uk or calling 01555 728 329.

As you may have heard Lanark has been shortlisted in the ‘Rising Star’ category of the Great British High Street Awards. We are expecting a judges visit next week which will count for 80% of our score, with the remaining 20% coming from public votes. You can support the town by voting online until 7th October. (you can vote every day if you like!)

This weekend, see the Scottish Chamber Orchestra in Lanark Memorial Hall . You can view more local events and advertise yours free of charge at www.lanark.co.uk/whats-on

Do you have any ideas to improve the town or projects you would like the Development Trust to consider? Please feel free to email us with your ideas or suggestions on info@lanarktrust.co.uk

We rely on your support and donations to be able to continue delivering community projects here in Lanark. You can click the ‘Donate’ button below to send a donation via PayPal or why not think about becoming a member of the Development Trust to support more regularly? We are a charitable, non-profit body which carries out projects for the common good. Our aspiration is to develop and deliver priority community projects which have a social, environmental and economic impact. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Melissa
Development Manager
Lanark Community Development Trust

Melissa@lanark.co.uk

01555 728 329

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *